Since this is a new blog, I’d love to get to know my readers more. In the same sense, I want you to know me! Today I’m going to share 50 Facts about myself and I’d love for you to share the same in the comments.
1. My middle name is Lynne and without the ‘E’ I think it looks naked. (Mom, dad, thanks for that!)
2. My birthday is on St. Patrick’s Day.
3. I’ve never been overseas! This needs to change.
4. Growing up I was a bleach blonde, and totally looked adopted.
5. This is a bit odd, but I have a (surprisingly common) phobia called Emetophobia.
6. I’m also super scared of the dark and drowning.
7. I talk to my dog in a silly voice and I’m not ashamed! :)
8. I’m an INFJ/ENFJ. Apparently, I’m equally introverted and extroverted. What a contradiction, but so right since I honestly can’t confidently say I’m one or the other. I truly enjoy both aspects! What are you? ☺
9. I thoroughly enjoy speaking in various accents! Russian, Irish… you name it, I probably speak in it.
10. I honestly despise odd numbers, but somehow my favorite numbers are 3, 1, and 7.
11. I have excellent long-term memory. Spend five minutes with me and you’ll quickly learn that my short-term memory is absolutely awful.
12. I love long car rides.
13. Lauren is my big sister! She has two beautiful kids, Rowan and Delaney, and I’m a super proud aunt.
14. Sending/Receiving snail mail can make my day better.
15. I’m 5’9″, but I wear size 6 1/2 to 7 shoes.
16. The smell of Vanilla Extract makes me gag. Yuck!
17. I much appreciate 80’s and 90’s one hit wonders.
18. I’m a devout Christian and strongly believe Jesus is my Lord and Savior.
19. Feet gross me out.
20. I have multiple debilitating chronic illnesses, but wouldn’t change it for the world. Strength comes through affliction. (Curious about them or chronically ill, too? Email me! I love to share support and encouragement.)
First set of crayons, Christmas ’91
21. I really enjoy doing laundry.
22. Organizing and cleaning is a huge stress reliever for me.
23. I’ve been creating art since I received my first set of crayons, just a few months shy of turning three. (See photo, aww.)
24. I find nothing more fun than attending an ice hockey (NHL, preferably) game!
25. I was on ESPN for 7 seconds my senior year of high school. Clearly, this made me super rich and famous ;)
26. I have one tattoo.
27. I love creating community and embracing the “oddities” in others.
28. Convinced I was going to be a spy/journalist/bad-guy-catcher when I was younger, I took to my neighborhood with a notebook, walkie-talkie, and my best friend. We never solved any serious crimes, but we sure had adventures.
29. I still listen to Hanson… MMmBop!
30. I’m addicted to coke-a-cola! (I keep trying to quit drinking it but it isn’t working.)
31. I like to rap. It’s become a hilarious pass-time with some friends.
32. I co-hosted a weekly radio show in college.
33. I love cheese, but hate dairy products because they make me sick.
35. I love swing-sets.
36. And stargazing.
37. I’ve never had a traffic violation. Knock on wood!
38. I could dance all day, every day.
39. I smile and say hi to strangers. Especially if they look like they’re having a grumpy day.
40. I’m allergic to Root beer.
41. I consider Indiana to be my second home, after spending three and a half years living there during college. The mid-west has made this east-coast lady fall in love with the simplicity of cornfields.
42. Kids, puppies, and coloring. Any one of those or a combination of all three is guaranteed to put a smile on my face.
43. I’ve worn bifocals since I was 18 – how cool? That is, when I wear my glasses.
44. Ironically, I met the love of my life at my sister’s wedding.
45. I’m super close to both of my parents.
46. I lost my best friend in 2008 to a motorcycle accident.
47. As a child, I would tell jokes to friends and family and then I would cry when they laughed at the joke. What a confused little girl! (There is that introvert/extrovert conflict! Haha)
48. Turquoise, deep purple, and marigold are my favorite colors.
49. I have hazel eyes.
50. I hate coffee.